How to handle challenges and uncertainty.
Sometimes life has so much momentum we find ourselves caught in the flow of it, unable to swim to shore. We feel uncertainty and a loss of control.
We all have challenges in our lives that can knock us down. I have great news: There is always an opportunity in the midst of a great challenge. It is up to you to find it.
Consider these 10 tips to support and guide you through times of uncertainty, bring out the best in you amidst challenges, and help you achieve your desired goals with resilience…
- Embrace the uncertainty. When faced with new challenges or uncertain situations, it is easy to feel stuck, or like we have hit a roadblock. We might avoid change, new experiences, or leaving the comfort zone. Fear is typically at the command center, fueling the brain with self-doubt. It’s important to remember that challenges are incredible opportunities for growth and learning. The more we challenge ourselves and continue through the uncertain or unknown, the more opportunities will come to light.
- Discover what you want. What are your goals? Get clear on your path, what you want to achieve in life or in a specific area, such as your business, health, relationships, etc. Write your goals down and always keep them close. Be resilient and persistent — you’ll find it gets easier to unlock new opportunities along your journey.
- Identify the WHY. You have figured out what you want. Now ask yourself WHY you want it. Why are these goals, values, beliefs important to you? Keep asking why until you get to the root — It’s not a WHY until it makes you cry. Doing this will make your goals much more meaningful to you. You will feel more connected to them, have a stronger drive, a deeper desire to take action
- Be your own biggest fan, not critic. Do any of these phrases sound familiar? “I’m not good enough.” “What if I make a mistake?” “I don’t want to look foolish.” “I should just give up.” It is up to us to choose how to engage with that pesky voice. Be kind to yourself, cheer yourself on. By shifting your inner dialogue to positive phrases, you’ll begin to feel the truth behind the words and uncover the confidence to take you where you want to go in life. What we believe is what we achieve. Read more on creating a better belief system here.
- Find the positive in the negative. Negative outcomes don’t always have to be viewed as such. Every occurrence has a reason, so a negative outcome is likely serving you a valuable purpose. The trick is to turn the negative on its head and embrace its existence. For example, if you’re going through a bad breakup, you have been given an opportunity to evaluate what you truly do and do not want in a relationship moving forward.
- Approval isn’t everything. If we’re more concerned with getting acceptance from others, we lose perspective on the real benefits of reaching our goal. We must focus on improving ourselves for our own benefit to increase our growth potential. Remember— don’t let the opinions of others hold too much influence over your personal needs.
- Speed is not always the answer. If you’re feeling consumed by an urgent need to cross the finish line, it’s time to slow down. Make sure you are fully engaged in the present and take time to appreciate how far you’ve come. Always put in the effort, no matter how long it takes. Not only will this make you stronger, but you’ll also recognize and value your well-earned accomplishments.
- Celebrate small victories. Set mini milestones to reward yourself for the amazing effort and progress that you’ve made along your journey. Treating yourself will energize and encourage you to push forward on the path to your ultimate goal.
- Learn from others. No one has all the answers. Tap a friend, colleague, or family member for advice. Learn from their own experiences to help you grow. A fresh set of eyes on a situation can help open you up to new ideas and strategies you once thought impossible.
- Reflection and gratitude. Journaling is a great way to reflect on your learnings and the things you are grateful for. Keep track of your goals, habits, as well as your physical and emotional feelings to get a better sense of your journey thus far. This can help identify what’s working well or if any changes need to be made.
We can teach you how to build better habits that will stick for a lifetime! Click here to unlock even more guidance for achieving your goals.