Human beings have essentially forgotten the rules on how to live harmoniously on Earth like our ancestors did for thousands of years. Humanity has created a system that is not sustainable.
We destroy our forests, damage our seas with plastic, poison our rivers and lakes, and pollute the air we breathe in the last 150-200 years. The global energy demand will double by 2050 in the next 35 years. To stop grave climatic consequences and a 3-4 degree global increase in temperature, we need to at least halve global emissions.
Scientists have asked key countries and multinational companies to take the lead. Reduce emissions by 10% this year and every year after. Green energy is an important way forward to achieve this and avert disaster.
“The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” – Robert Swan
Whose responsibility is this problem, it’s ours, all of ours. We have to do our bit to make these changes real in the world.
It is people in leadership positions who have the most influence, that can make the biggest impact. We need systems that support people to live in harmony with the Earth and each other. Whether it be at home, in the company, the community, or the nation we live in, Leadership must step up.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Here are some ways that you can make a difference now:
1. Buy organic food from local farmers. Grow your own food.
2. Shop at supermarkets for basics only, using reusable bags.
3. Stop using single-use plastic items like soft drink bottles, plastic bags, etc.
4. Use solar power or alternative means of power for your home.
5. Choose power companies that only use alternative sources.
6. Become as self-sufficient and sustainable as possible
7. Reduce consumption, Reuse goods, Recycle everything.